Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Fundamental Mystery Of Being



I understand the phishing emails, the financial scams from Africa, and the ones with the fake attachments that actually download cyclopean horrors from the planet Yuggoth onto your hard drive, but those spam mails that don't ask you to buy stuff, or download stuff or anything, what are those for?

I mean, are those genuine, albeit completely unwanted, offers? What do the spammers gain from sending me this stuff, when there's no way for me to reply to (or buy stuff off) them? This mystery has been taking up an inordinate amount of my brain's processing time.

1 comment:

  1. Heh, since you visited me with your sage advice about comment spam (see my recent post I thought I'd come see what goes on inside your digital head.

    You got some funky stuff, some eclectic stuff. Kewl. And a reference to cyclopean horror from Yuggoth being downloaded to your hard-drive. I nearly had that happen once... (Thank goodness CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-8 doubles for the Elder Sign in most versions of Windows).

    So take it easy, and drop by again sometime - you're always welcome!

    ReplyDelete