Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Too Big For Boots


Uckfield is the very definition of crap. It's not an unpleasant town, by any means, but it just has very little to recommend it. When the most exciting things to happen in the town's centuries-long history were a flood and a McDonald's opening (okay, and the Piltdown Man), you know that there's not much going on.
Except now our "lovely" little town has a radio station. If you know Uckfield at all, you know that this is a very strange thing indeed.

On a probably unrelated note, I see that the American music industry has decided to raid 90's British music for inspiration. I'm no Oasis fan (more of a Blur man myself), but even I found Ryan Adams' cover of "Wonderwall" to be execrable, and I hoped that it was just a one-off. Sadly not.
Again, I'm no big Robbie Williams supporter, but I can't help but feel offended by Jessica Simpson's rather vicious violation of "Angels".

What next? Nickleback attempting "Country House"? Maroon 5 ripping off Jamiroquai? (oh wait...)

No comments:

Post a Comment